Wednesday 18 April 2012

Research: Gaming - What Interests Me

As a Gamer myself, I would say I know a fair amount about it. I have played video games for around 15 years, playing games all the way back from the NES (Nintendo Entertainment System). I even had an old Atari console which played Pong!
But I do consider myself a little different from most gamers. Although I love playing games and getting stuck in, I do admire how they are made, and the audience reaction to them.
Games are just another escape into a different world. I don't mean this is a negative way, and in no way at all am I suggesting that gamers have bad lives or that sort of thing. Games allow us to escape reality and enter a new world, where you can be something you cant in real life. I could go on my Xbox 360 now and play the role of a soldier in a war on terror, or a dragon slayer in a medieval realm, or a race car driver. Anything is possible.
I am also interested in looking back at how games have developed and what we as a gaming audience expect from the latest video games.
I will start by looking at a bit of the history first.

No comments:

Post a Comment